psalm 23:5 NLT
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Colossians 2:15 NLT
In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.
Reflect on the Verses
Take a moment to read through the verses slowly. Ask the Holy Spirit to speak to you through it.
Is there a word or phrase that God is drawing to your attention? What is He saying to you through these texts?
Engage with the Message
· What stood out to you from the Scripture passage and/or this week's message?
· In what ways is God challenging you and/or encouraging you through the message?
· In what ways do we give the enemy too much credit? How does Jesus' death and resurrection disarm the powers of evil in our lives and in the world?
· Where do you see the evil at work in the world? What does Jesus' victory on the cross mean for these situations?
· Why do you think we tend to soften Jesus' call to be willing to surrender everything to Him?
· How does a life of surrender result in true rest, and the ability sit at God's banquet table in the presence of our enemies?
· What would true surrender look like in your life? Is there anything that is preventing you from living in a posture of full surrender to Jesus? What would it look like for you to fully surrender?