Proverbs 9:1, Niv
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
What is a Christian?
In this series, instead of having a "Big Idea" with each message, we will be building a definition of what it means to be a Christian.
A Christian is one who follows Jesus by devoting his or her life to the kingdom vision of God, to a life of loving God and loving others, and to a society shaped by justice, especially for those who have been marginalized, to peace, and to a life devoted to growing in wisdom.
· What stood out to you from the Scripture passage and/or this week's message?
· In what ways is God challenging you and/or encouraging you through the message?
· What is the difference between worldly wisdom and biblical wisdom? What do each of these approaches to wisdom look like in practice?
· Proverbs tells us that "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Jeff taught us that fear of God in Scripture talks about having reverent awe towards Him. How does being in awe of God lead to wisdom?
· What experiences of things in our world causes you to feel awe towards God? How can you cultivate this kind of awe in your day to day life?
· Who in your life do you look at as being an example of living in wisdom? What is it about how they live and make decisions that you admire?